“Janus-Record” records with double head of an Antique Roman god, a protector of gates and entrances, were manufactured by German company “Vereignigte Schallplaten Werke Janus Minerva G.m.b.H.” since 1906. It was a small gramophone enterprise located in Hannover on Limburgstrasse, 1. The enterprise had status of joint-stock company headed by Hermann Deutsch. In Russia, the company mentioned for the first time in 1907. In 1909 the company obtained “patent application number 6,746 for improvements in and relating to gramophone records”. The first Russian recordings were made in April 1910 in St.-Petersburg, the last ones – in September of the same year on the south of Russia. The Russian representative was Mr. Schenvitz located in Warsaw on 15 Graniczą Street. In 1911 they announced that “Janus-Record” was about to issue a full Russian catalog with about 1000 numbers. “Janus-Record” also manufactured Polish and Czech records. In 1909 Erhardt Jäckel (1874 – 1923) made an attempt to set up a small record pressing plant on small Bohemian (Czechoslovakia) place called Smržovka. Some numbers of records were produced, but in 1910 the plant was stopped. This company did not play any significant role on the Russian market.