The records of the Prombum factory are dated back to 1940. The production was managed by the Leningrad City Paper and Printing Union of Trade Cooperation (Lenprompechatsoyuz) and was located on 3a Dyominskaya Street.
The factory produced single-sided “miniature” phonograph records with a diameter of 12 cm. A thin layer of shellac mass (1.5-2 mm) was applied to paper basis with a colorful pattern made by Grigoryev lithography. Probably, Prombum was associated with the Lengorkino factory, which around 1938 used a similar technology for the production of small and children's records. The original recordings (by the ensemble of Emil Kemper and accordionists Martynov) were made at one of the Leningrad studios, possibly also belonging to “Lengorkino”.
Fragile records were placed in faux leather albums of 5 pieces each. The order for the duplication of the records by the Prombum factory was placed by the Head Department Department of the People’s Commissariat of Transport of the USSR and apparently was of a single occasion.